Purchasing SSL Certificate
SSL URL Masking procedures: New Clients Purchasing Certificate
With the URL masking optional module, it is possible for your Lookatme™ site to have a domain URL such as:
or a subdomain URL such as
What is SSL?
SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) is the standard security technology for establishing an encrypted link between a web server and a browser. This link ensures that all data passed between the web server and browsers remain private and integral.
All Lookatme sites utilize this security technology.
You will be responsible for ensuring your domain name is renewed. If you allow your domain name to expire your Lookatme™ service will be inaccessible.
DNS Certification Authority Authorisation (CAA): please include"letsencrypt.org"in your DNS CAA
Steps to mask your URL
Leading up to Go Live
1. Confirm in writing your chosen URL
2. Once you have purchased your SSL certificate, please provide us with the following;
Certificate for chosen URL
Certificate key for chosen URL (WITHOUT passphrase)
Where applicable, any associated chain certificate from your provider
3. Lookatme and Client will agree a changeover date and time (we recommend close of business on a Friday)
4. Three days prior to Go Live you must reduce the DNS lease time for the URL to 30 mins. Please ensure your IT team is aware of this requirement and is ready to implement.
Go Live Day
5. At the agreed time you must set up an ‘A Record’ in your Domain Name Server (DNS) to point to ourLookatme™server.
We recommend setting up records with and without “www”
If you do not update your name server when notified your site will be unavailable via your chosen URL.
6.Repeat step 5 for your Secondary DNS
7. Lookatme will configure web server to accept the URL – during this time and until Live the Lookatme site will be unavailable for between 30 mins and 1 hr.
8. Site will go live with new URL
9. Lookatme will create a redirect from previous URL to the new one.